Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Saint George, Easter Plans and... It's Going to Be Hard Taking Off My Missionary Tag!

Bill and I are leaving now for Saint George.  We are going to stay overnight there and drive in to Utah tomorrow.  I will be staying there with Lorinda and then Cherie, until April 23, so I can be there for Easter on Sunday and Jonas' and Lorinda's birthday on April 22.  
Bill will go spend that whole time and Easter with his sons, daughter and grandchildren (there is a lot going on there for him).  We will be going to Idaho on April 23, where we will finally be released from our mission by our stake president sometime after that.  
In the meantime, we are still on our mission.  In fact, I did some missionary work at the pageant last night and will be doing it with my name tag on until I am released.  After that, I will strive to be a good member missionary forever.  The work is true!  It has been an honor to serve Jesus Christ and bear testimony of Him and wear His name on the tag I joyfully have been wearing every day.  When I have to take the tag off, it will be, I think, like tearing part of my heart out. :(  
I feel like I could drive back to Tucson and Green Valley right now and serve another year... or forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment